Cardamom: Nature’s Breath Mint
We all are familiar with the wonderful spicy taste of cardamom. Anyone who loves chai tea knows what I’m talking about. But did you know how effective cardamom is when it comes to healing?
Here are some magical properties of this incredible spice, whether you are chewing on a dried pod, sipping on a tea, or indulging in essential oil:
- It’s one of the safest and best digestive stimulants!
- It awakens the spleen, stimulates the mind and heart, and gives clarity and joy.
- When you add it to dairy milk (which you shouldn’t be drinking anyway, lol :), it neutralizes the milk’s mucus-forming properties. The same is true for any other allergen that causes excess mucus—cardamom is your hero!
- It helps detoxify your body and is particularly gifted for opening and soothing the flow of the pranas in your body.
- It works well when paired with fennel to help with nervous digestive upset. It also helps relieve vomiting, belching, and regurgitation or acid reflux.
- The seed is used to support not only the digestive system, but also the respiratory, circulatory, and nervous systems.
Want to incorporate cardamom into your own routine? Try out this tea recipe!
Solar Power Health Cardamom Tea
- 1.5 Cups Organic Full Fat or Light Coconut Milk or Nut Milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Tbsp crushed Cardamom pods (you could also use 1 tsp cardamom powder or a drop or 2 of essential oil afterwards
- A one inch piece of cinnamon stick (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Black tea, oolong tea, or lemon balm leaves
- 1 tsp to 5 tsp Coconut Sugar
Put all ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Strain and serve immediately!
Share and Follow